EGComicsReads - Our Newsletter
We're promoting the heck out of our forthcoming newsletter, EGComicsReads. We insist you sign up for it. It's easy:
- Type your name
- Type your email address
That's it. You're signed up.
A few facts about our sign up list:
- We will not sell your email address.
- We will not use it for anything but the EGComicsReads Newsletter
- We will announce each newsletter's content well in advance of the release - so if you want to opt out,...we will absolutely respect your decision and we'll miss the heck out of you
- Opt out any time. Any reason.
- In fact...sign up, opt out, sign up, opt out...as much as you want.
Our intent with the newsletter is a few things:
- Discuss titles and releases we think are worth looking at
- Get you interested to try some of those titles...check out the current release, pick up a trade collection, check out the back issues, learn about the creators, so on
- Delve a bit deeper into the creators of the books...maybe something in their portfolio would be interesting to you
- Maybe a brief interview with the publisher or a writer, or editor, or a fan
- Have fun. A lot of fun.
We have our first six (6) issues "plotted", We're promoting our first two (2):
Volume #1 Issue #1
There's nearly a dozen titles out from AfterShock, from some of the industry's favorite talents. Issues have been published on time, released as scheduled. Week after week, month after month.
And, most importantly...each title is unique and good.
From AfterShock's website:
Imagine the ultimate comic book company for both fans and creators alike. That company launches today.
AfterShock is a hybrid comic book company combining the creative edge of an independent comic book publisher with the strengths and experience of a traditional powerhouse. The executive team includes recent Marvel Executive Editor Mike Marts, who spearheaded the development of some of DC and Marvel Comics’ most popular and profitable franchises (Batman, X-Men and Guardians of the Galaxy), as well as Eisner Award-winning publisher and editor Joe Pruett and other leaders in the media and entertainment industry.
“AfterShock is paving the way for the next evolutionary step in comic books,” said Editor-in-Chief Mike Marts. “Being part of this great team allows us to further foster relationships with not only the current generation of creators and writers, but also the next one.”
We think that's worth dedicating some serious discussion at.
Volume #1 Issue #2
Valiant Entertainment, the 3rd (well, 4th technically) incarnation of the company and many of the characters. From Valiant's website:
Valiant Entertainment is a leading character-based entertainment company that owns the largest independent superhero universe in comics. With more than 81 million issues sold and a library of over 2,000 characters, including X-O Manowar, Bloodshot, Harbinger, Shadowman, Archer & Armstrong, and many more, Valiant is one of the most successful publishers in the history of the comic book medium. Today, the company’s characters continue to be forged in publishing, licensing, film, video games, and beyond. Valiant consistently produces some of the most critically acclaimed comics in the industry and has received numerous industry awards and accolades, including a Diamond Gem Award for Comic Book Publisher of the Year. In 2015, Valiant announced a multi-picture deal to bring Bloodshot and Harbinger to the big screen as feature films.
We agree. And we're excited to look at the history and examine the current publishing line and titles.
We're putting a lot of work into EGComicsReads, from the research to outreach, and we hope you (1) sign up and (2) enjoy the result.
So, please...sign up! And tell a friend. Heck, tell them all.